Offer to client:
- Discuss the details of the project with your client (scope/planning, etc).
- Which authors/organisations are mentioned in the publication? Who inputs; supplies and decides on final text and layout (incl. logos)?
- Agreement on dissemination including press work.
- How much communication work is needed?
- Makes the quotation for the client.
- Discusses quotation with communication, including dates and hours.
- Registers hours in Pluriform.
- Discusses content with researchers and registers hours in Pluriform.
Plan the tasks and number of days required for communication, external editor(s) and design (internally of externally).
When client accepts the quotation, inform communication and researchers.
- Start research and writing. Check Research Manual for tips and tricks.
- Informs client about progress.
- When information/results will be shared.
3. Control and check
Start using the Publication Checklist
Follow these steps:
- Second reader checks content, including for risks.
Adjustment necessary -> Researcher(s) process feedback. Go to the next step.
- Management Team member checks content and risks.
Adjustment necessary? Process feedback. Ready? Go to the next step.
- Researcher sends publication for a company review if applicable and processes feedback from companies.
- Communications sends report to editor for language check.
- Researcher: Check and process text edit.
In most cases the client produce their own publication. The product that needs to go to the client doesn’t need the work of an external designer. The communications team checks the design of the final version before it is send to the client.
In some cases the client may want the design done by an external designer – this will have been agreed on in the quotation. In that case:
Check design and/or content. After second round, communications and researcher finalise report/paper.
Check final, designed version of report/paper.
5. Decision to publish
Check if all particpants have made the necessary checks and put their signature on the Publication Checklist.
Coordinator Services or one of the authors:
Send the final document to client.
6. External dissemination
Communication and researcher:
Give follow up on the communication and dissemination plan.
7. Monitor and evaluate
- Check statistics and media attention.
- Evaluate shortly and adjust plans where necessary.
If the report/paper contributes to a concrete result: publish and disseminate the result.