Discuss plan with network member, inform communication.
Checks these points of interest:
- Company mentioned?
-> yes: MT check (if the press release is not based on a SOMO report)
- Check if content is conflicting with vision/activities of other programs or networks of SOMO.
- Always let one communication officer read the press release.
3. Control and check
Check press release and planning with communication officer.
(If applicable: MT member:
Check press release.)
Engage design phase.
- Has language been checked?
- Is translation needed?
- Is a spokesperson/contact person for the press assigned?
- When is the press release send out (in accordance with media who have the scoop)?
5. Decision to publish
Network partner(s) (if applicable: MT member) and researcher:
Decide together if the article can be published.
6. External dissemination
Send final version to media outlet and places it on own (and if applicable network) media channels.