Discuss plan with network member (s), program team member and communication officer.
Look for relevant media outlets and journalists.
Communication or researcher:
Write press release. See also checklist press releases (in Dutch).
- Press release is based on a SOMO research/activity
-> content is part of the research project and line with the workflow for a SOMO report/paper.
- Press release is a response to a current event.
In this case: Check if content is conflicting with vision/activities of other programs or networks of SOMO.
3. Control and check
Check press release with network member(s), relevant team members and communication officer.
(If applicable: MT member:
Check press release.)
- Check language.
- Is translation needed?
- Who is spokesperson/contact person for the press?
- When is the press release send out (in accordance with media who have the scoop)?
- Write Q&A if applicable.
- Give mediatraining to spokesperson if applicable.
5. Decision to publish
Communication, network member (if applicable: MT member) and researcher:
Decide together if the press release can be published.
6. External dissemination
Send final version to media outlet and places it on own (and if applicable network) media channels.
7. Monitor and evaluate
Register media attention in Pluriform.