Discuss plan with partner(s), inform communication.
Write press release.
Checks these points of interest:
- Press release is based on a SOMO research/activity
-> content is part of the research project and line with the workflow for a SOMO report/paper.
- Press release is a response to a current event In this case:
->Check if content is conflicting with vision/activities of other programs or networks of SOMO.
A company mentioned? -> yes: MT check.
Always let a communication officer read the press release.
3. Control and check
Check article with communication officer.
(If applicable: MT member:
Check press release.)
Engages design phase.
- Has language been checked?
- Is translation needed?
- Is a spokesperson/contact person for the press assigned?
- When is the press release send out (in accordance with media who have the scoop)?
5. Decision to publish
Partner(s) and researcher:
Decide together if the press release can be published.
6. External dissemination
Sends final version to media outlet.
Places it (if applicable) on own mediachannels.